WHAT WE LOVE
- $37 Entry to the Chinese New Year 5K or 10K Run/Walk (a $42 value)!
- Personalized bib, commemorative T-Shirt, goodie bag, and a post-race party!
- Post-race party at Portsmouth Square will feature water and fruit, a costume contest, prizes and sponsor booths handing out lots of goodies!
- There's 2 hours of track time, so if you choose the 5K, you can walk the whole way!
- Benefits the SF Chinatown YMCA and the CCHP Health Plan!
When & Where:
Sunday, March 1st 2015
Registration Starts @ 7:00 AM
Race Starts @ 8:00 AM
CCHP Chinatown YMCA Chinese New Year Run
Chinatown, North Beach, Financial District
Corner of Grant Avenue and Sacramento St
San Francisco, CA 94108
Legend has it that in ancient times, Buddha asked all the animals to meet him on Chinese New Year. 12 animals came, and Buddha named a year after each. This year, the 2015 (or Yi Wei) Year of the Ram, promises to leave behind instability and direct our lives into more honest patterns of relationships and forward momentum in our chosen paths. What better way to ring in the Chinese New Year, than to run or walk in the Chinese New Year 5K/10K? A family friendly event that will take you through the best parts of San Francisco. This run will feature a costume contest and prizes for runners, vendors, and sponsor booths at the after party in Portsmouth Square. Gather your family, your best ram costume, and your favorite red clothing or decor - and run forward into a happy and healthy New Year!
THE FINE PRINT
BIB AND T-SHIRT PICKUP:
- Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Friday, February 27, 2015 - 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Race Day, March 1, 2015 beginning at 7:00 am
- Must Register to the Event (SF Chinatown YMCA) by Feb. 25, 2015.
- Can Print and Take Rush Pass/Voucher on Day of Event for Bib (Arrive Early).
Promotional value expires March 1, 2015 at 12:00 AM PDT
The San Francisco Chinatown YMCA was founded in 1911, and over the past 104 years they've been providing outstanding service to the Chinatown community. After-school programs, free fitness in three local schools, a teen center, mentoring, art classes, ballet classes, family programing and summer activities are just a few of the ways they enhance the famous and historic Chinatown neighborhood. Since 2010, their facilities have expanded to a whopping 41,000 square feet of space that houses a state-of-the-art fitness and wellness center, a 5-lane pool, yoga and pilates studios, a demonstration kitchen, multipurpose room, teen center, community center and more! They are, every day, building strong kids, strong families, and strong communities, and strengthening spirits, bodies of all ages.