When & Where:
Monday - Saturday
9:00am - 5:00pm
12:00pm - 5:00pm
*The museum is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Frazier History Museum
829 West Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202
The ability to be able to see parts of history on display is something that many take for granted. Overall, there is no better place than a museum to take a step back from the present and come face to face with some of the people and events that changed the world. Frazier History Museum brings history to life through artifacts, gallery talks and live daily performances by their talented staff of "teaching artists". The Frazier has three floors of exhibits, an education center, Museum Store and small theater. The Frazier History Museum is great for visitors of all ages. Kids will love Story Time, an interactive activity designed for kids but enjoyable for adults too. A visit to the Museum is sure to leave a lasting impression and is ideal for individuals, groups, even social organizations. Get your tickets today for this one-of-a-kind experience!
- Be sure to check out current temporary exhibit Spirits of the Bluegrass: Prohibition and Kentucky, presented inside a speakeasy complete with two full-sized bars and a lighted Bluegrass stage. Other current exhibits include The Lewis and Clark Experience and The Power of Persuasion: 100 Years of Doe-Anderson
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older at all times
- You may exit the museum and return later in the day if you would like. Just remember to hold on to your receipt to present when you return
- The museum is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day Hours: noon - 5pm | Thunder over Louisville: 9am - 2pm
- Kentucky Oaks Day : 9am - 2pm | Kentucky Derby Day: 9:00am - 2pm