When & Where:
9:00am - 6:00pm
*Outdoor area only July 2-24. Timed reservations are now required prior to attendance.
Note: Outdoor areas will remain open, which includes Harbor Terrace, Shark Lagoon, Lorikeet Forest, Our Water Future, Steelhead Story, Molina Animal Care Center, June Keyes Penguin Habitat, Ray Habitat and Seals and Sea Lions Habitat. The Moon Jelly, Shark Lagoon and Ray Touch areas will also be open for touching. The gift store and some food service will be available as well.
For those that have purchased discounted tickets to visit over the next 3 weeks, they will be able to enjoy our outdoor areas and will receive a ticket to return at a later time.
Aquarium of the Pacific
100 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA 90802
Take a journey of discovery at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. Discover sunny Southern California and Baja, the frigid waters of the Northern Pacific, and the colorful reefs of the Tropical Pacific. Come face-to-face with the ocean’s ultimate predators in Shark Lagoon, hand-feed colorful lorikeet birds, and watch the Magellanic Penguins play.
Now Open - Pacific Visions! Explore the new stunning glass building to experience a state-of–the-art immersive theater, interactive art installations, engaging multimedia displays, and live animal exhibits. Explore underwater realms and future possibilities, and help create a new planet right here on Earth. The centerpiece of Pacific Visions, the Honda Pacific Visions Theater, features an 8 minute film with multi-sensory effects to enhance the show, including seat rumblers, wind, fog, and scents. The massive 180-degree curved screen and floor projection disc encompass the viewers’ full range of vision, creating a uniquely immersive experience. The theater experience is included in admission and no reservations are necessary.
New exhibition also opening June 14: Coral Reefs: Nature’s Underwater Cities! Discover the beauty and diversity of coral reefs and their animal residents in the Aquarium’s newly reimagined Tropical Pacific Gallery. Meet some new residents, like a green sea turtle, flashlight fish, and red-footed booby, along with all of our popular animals like penguins, sea lions, and sea otters.
- Reservations are required prior to attending due to limited capacity
- General Admission includes Sammy & Ray 3D, and Hurricane 3D for free in the Ocean Theater
- Open every day of the year except Christmas Day
- AOP will be open until 9:00 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays beginning Friday, June 7 through Sunday, September 1 as well as Friday through Monday of Labor Day (August 30- Sept 2) weekends
- Convenient parking available for $8 with Aquarium validation
- The parking structure for the Aquarium is on the water side of Shoreline Drive between Chestnut Place and Aquarium Way